Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: Trout fishing?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member imported_spike's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 26th, 2006
    Posts
    270
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Trout fishing?

    Anyone know of any good trout waters in or near Scott County? I havnt got around too much to find any. In Grayson I usually fish Hale Lake or Wilson Creek.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Trout fishing?

    Bark Camp Lake is in Scott County, it is decent if you know how to fish it and have a boat of some sort. I am putting a link to the Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries website that you can go to, to learn more and they also post stocking schedules on there.
    VDGIF Fishing website
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Trout fishing?

    [ QUOTE ]
    Anyone know of any good trout waters in or near Scott County? I havnt got around too much to find any. In Grayson I usually fish Hale Lake or Wilson Creek.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Spike you won't find anything like Wilson Creek around here. I love going trout fishing up that way. The best that you will find in Scott County with some open areas would be Stoney Creek in Ft. Blackmore.

    Stock Creek in Natural Tunnel is a very small, slow moving creek. Not what I call a true, good trout stream.

    Big and Little Stonies in Ft. Blackmore, and Dungannon give you more opporunity to fish moving water, and find some deep holes. Plus, when the fish spread out, you can get into some places very few people will try and fish.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  4. #4
    Inactive Member imported_spike's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 26th, 2006
    Posts
    270
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Trout fishing?

    Thanks TheBeast for the link and thanks to you also 1instripes for the info about the creeks.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Trout fishing?

    No problem. I plan on wetting a line this weekend if it stays as nice as it has been the last day or two. Well, if the wind isn't too bad that is.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  6. #6
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Trout fishing?

    You are welcome. I don't do much trout fishing I am a bass fisherman myself. According to the site Stock creek in scott county is a good place and was stocked yesterday. Big Tumbling Creek in Washington County is a real good trout fishery, it is stocked daily. I don't know anything about Stock Creek, maybe stipes can fill you in more about it.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Ghetto_Heisman's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 6th, 2005
    Posts
    593
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Trout fishing?

    If your talking about the stock creek in natural tunnel then it's not really all that good IMO. It's to shallow and really just not all that great
    No Regrets

  8. #8
    Inactive Member imported_spike's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 26th, 2006
    Posts
    270
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Trout fishing?

    [ QUOTE ]
    You are welcome. I don't do much trout fishing I am a bass fisherman myself. According to the site Stock creek in scott county is a good place and was stocked yesterday. Big Tumbling Creek in Washington County is a real good trout fishery, it is stocked daily. I don't know anything about Stock Creek, maybe stipes can fill you in more about it.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    I like catfishing myself but this time of year I like catching and eating those trout. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •